The Totto Foundation, a social welfare corporation, seeks to assist all those who require special guidance, protection, or correction facilituies, to live full lives as members of society, without in any way impairing their independence. The following social welfare activityies are dedicated to that end.
1. Establishment and management of the Totto Cultural Institute, a vocational
institute for the handicapped.
- - Occupational training for the deaf to foster self-reliance.
- - To be inaugurated in 1987
2. Guidance Centers for the Handicapped
Staff membets will offer guidance to the handicapped as requested, inorder to
Assist them in attaining self-reliance and social rehabilitation.
3. Management of Affairs Relating to Japanese Theater of the Deaf
(1) Administration of Japanese Theater of the Deaf (J.T.D.)
The goals of J.T.D. are in increase in autonomous activities on the part of the
deaf, and the creation of dramas based on their point of view. By seeking to
produce plays which can be enjoyed by all, handicapped or not, and which
produce plays which can be enjoyed by all, handicapped or not, and which take as
their starting point an inability to hear, it is hoped that many deaf people will
gain interest in drama, and that the role and necessity of drama in deaf education
may be more widely appreciated.
Along with the training of deaf actors various other drama-related training is
carried on, and performances are held several times a year to show off the results
of this training.
Classes in sin language are held to train volunteer workers, and to provide
coordinated education for those with normal hearing and those with hearing